Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesdays are the BEST


It's been a crazy week somehow.  While I love a good challenge and hard work, when we have these 3 day weekends at the brunch restaurant, I just get wiped out.  Another reason why I would love to cook more and serve less.  Managing too, that'd be great.  I had a lovely daydream while I was on my bike yesterday and in it, my boyfriend won the lottery because of a ticket I got him as a silly gift and that allowed both of us to take some time off of work and I thought of what my life would be like if I won the lottery or someone close to me gave me a bunch of money.  It was a nice little daydream.  One I hope will come to be real in the nearer future.  Though, maybe not due to winning the lottery.

Now, my doctor has me on this no added sugar and no soy, dairy, or wheat diet, and I have been feeling much steadier with my energy levels.  I would think this is mostly due to the lack of sugar in my diet.  At the end of a busy day I still seem to be holding strong and am motivated to clean, or do another activity without feeling exhausted.  That feeling is so good.  I used to just come home and be able to do nothing more than sit on the couch and watch some Orange is the New Black, which I still do because it's awesome, but now I can go meet a friend or make a more interesting dinner!  What a treat.  I also seemed to have lost some weight in the form of body fat, which I won't complain about, but I have maintained my strength and muscle tone.  All the things I've been wanting for so long but just couldn't seem to muster on my own.  Thanks Dr.'s orders!

I love Wednesdays because I have my favorite yoga class at the studio by our new apartment with one of my favorite teachers.  AND it's the Green City Market in Lincoln Park!! Yay!  So I go and have breakfast on Wednesdays and enjoy the sounds of the people, the tastes of the fresh fruit!  It makes me so happy!  Some past pictures of farmer's market treats:

Savory Crepe from Abby's Crepes
The most streawberry-y strawberry eclair EVER!!!
This week also brought with it another visit to my lovely cooking client!  I go over to her apartment and teach her how to make tasty and healthy meals, and often random dishes she requests the day of for her friends.  On Monday she wanted fresh and summery, not too much food, and something as a peace offering to her angry friend.  And so, I have some pictures, but unfortunately not that many.  We started with Gazpatcho.  We made a more savory one with the basic ingredients and gave it a bit more kick with jalepeno.  Then we made a slightly sweeter one with watermelon added in instead of jalepeno.  We prepped some peppers for stuffed peppers, which I do not have pictures of after cooking, as I left before it was all done.


Then we made a delicious black bean salad, which I completely forgot to capture, but it was so good!  We used the dressing for the salad, which was a simple lime, cilantro, and olive oil, to marinade these little shrimps in.  Made some simple BBQ skewers and quickly cooked a couple to try right away.  The rest she was bringing over to her friend's grill along with the rest of the food.  It all turned out really great!  Now I'm off to the farmer's market!





























No comments: